Wednesday 18 April 2012

Scrap Africa April Challenge

Back again with another share =) I have promised myself that I need to pack up my craft desk and do something other than scrap for the rest of the week. This layout is for the current sketch challenge at Scrap Africa. My first time playing along at this site, lots of gorgeous DT examples and a great sketch so how could I resist. This LO is of hubby taken a few years ago on a holiday in Paris. He doesn't get scrapped very often, mainly as by the time he gets home from work it is too dark for photos and on weekends he tends to be walking around the house in his daggy clothes ready to mow lawns and do boy stuff in his shed. 

He has a desk in my craft room now where he sits and does his thing ( usually online gaming and watching star trek re-runs on his laptop - yes he's a geek!), while I scrap. Mid way through this layout I had an attack of the giggles. When I looked at the page it sounded like I was calling him Old & Curious and an unusual odditie. I couldn't stop laughing and I think he thought I must have been sniffing my glue instead of creating with it =)






Thanks for looking and for all your lovely comments. G xxx

18 comments:

  1. That looks like some serious fussy cutting going on there. And really, aren't all boys curious and odd?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page Ms G....Love it...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooooo gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeee all that fussy cutting!! You seriously ROCK the fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, Georgia- this is a really great month for you- so many incredible projects full of layers and detail and color- wouldn't be surprised if you take the cake with all!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband didn't move into my space. Instead he suggested i move into the room he was using as an office with him. Now he complains about the constantly expanding scrap stash, but I think he likes sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. Love the colours. Did he like the layout?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firstly I love the page and secondly but probably most important, I love the fact that your hubby sits with you in your room and watches his shows and does his own stuff. You must have a beautiful relationship, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you manage to make each page better than the last. This is just....Mwah! [since it was in Paris!!!]....It's so detailed, and yet not crowded. You are one clever cookie...& these papers suit the LO so perfectly:):) It's raining here......so I'm on a roll with the scrapping:))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning page…. Love all the little details - the fussy cutting - the colours - just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wowowow! this is amazing.. so many delicate details, so much fussy cutting.. and a lovely photo too.. always LOVE what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  11. FAR OUT! This is TOTALLY Brilliant G...
    Just love all the detail & the fussy cutting!!!
    I have grow to like the Graphic 45 & have a purchased a few papers & you have inspired to have a bit of a go & create with them!! THANKS! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really an awesome layout! All the cutting out of the pieces of paper, stunning! It really gives the layout just so much more dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE LOVE LOVE this one :) Something gorgeous indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really awesome. Love it. Especially the colors you used and all those little details you put on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! so so beautiful can look on it forever)))
    Thanks for playing with us at ScrapAfrica!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning..loving all the rich colours and fussy cutting...awesome page!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning page.. adore all the beautiful details! I love the layers... I adore your taste to the details! Your work is exquisite! 

    ReplyDelete
  18. what an amazing LO! so much to look at!
    thank you, Georgia, for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete