Tuesday 18 September 2012

Keeping The Best Sketch #43

Hey all =) Hope everyone is having a fabulous week! If you have got a bit of scrap time planned there is an awesome sketch challenge for you just gone up at Keeping The Best. So this is my take on it, I rotated the sketch...




I have used my favourite paper range which I never seem to tire of Amy Tangerine Sketchbook and have created my own background paper with watercolor paint.

And this is the sketch...

And in other news..I am going to do a toot. I never do toots for scrappy achievements apart from announcing new design team positions as...well it kind of feel a bit conceited but I am going to make an exception for this one as I am just soooo excited. So for facebook friends who have already seen this, apologies....


Recognize that chickie on the front cover! Yep it's me and my layout! I was invited by Scrap365 to submit a layout for a gallery back in June/July I think it was, before being invited on the Design Team. While scrolling through my facebook feed yesterday I spotted this! Made the cover! And yes I love it because it's mine but I also love it as it soooo awesome to see a mainstream mag embrace a grunge/mixed media layout for their cover rather than clean & simple. 

And I can tell you now, I love this mag!! I have been working on projects the past fortnight for up and coming issues and for a DT member they are the type of projects you don't just tick of your list, they are the type of dynamic and creative ideas that make you brain storm, go and buy special things for, create new techniques and just really really want to create something special for! So if you can get a hold of a copy of this mag girls, you will love it, so many great ideas not just another '10 ways to use brads' *zzzzzzzzzzz* but techniques and ideas you can actually use!!

Ok so that's my toot over. Hope everyone has a fabulous week!
G xox

21 comments:

  1. Love this range too it is just so arty! I think this is a new favs of yours and congrats on making it on the cover!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Georgia! I was wondering if this magazine is a digital mag, or a print one?? If it is print, awesome!!! I thought that it was digital. Anyway, happy to see you and your fab layout on the cover, I agree it is nice to see a bit of a change from the C & S style that most magazines seem to prefer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on this sketch, Georgia! it is so vibrant and creative as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely soooo excited & pleased for you....& I like it when peeps toot cos it often makes me go check out what they're tooting about & then I discover new stuff:):):):) so I'm GLAD you tooted:):):):) GREAT LO - certainly deserves a front page:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic take on this sketch - I always love seeing your work - it's so arty and creative. And BIG congrats on making the cover to this magazine - fabulous news :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI.. what a fabulous layout from the sketch.. I love the use of the stamps too.. I have stacks of them and really should use them... and well done on your cover, you are a leader in scrapbooking, always love what you do.. and thanks for your tip on using white space on my layouts.. I really do try, but I tend to use all the area on the page... but I will take heed of your tip and your layouts are always amazing, so I will keep that in mind... and I will keep my eye out for this mag... just for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeeeeeeha for the Cover Girl. Fab fab. I think I might have to have a look into this mag.
    Love your page. It has a real whimsical feel to it and you used the sketch beautifully. Love the floating leaves too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this layout. Great colours.
    I've heard the magazine is pretty fab, so looking forward to getting a copy. Congrats on making the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! A BIG congrats to you!!!!!!!!!

    Love your lo. The stamping looks so nice on it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huge congrats on the publication! It looks awesome!!!! And I love the vibrant colors on both of your pages! Great work!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Cover Girl!!! That is AWESOME!! I love love love love your lo!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors and loving that film strip frame!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i thought that was your layout!!!!!!! yay!! how awesome!! i love that mag although find it hard to get at times...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Such an exciting achievement! Love your your LO too, love the pops of yellow and that film strip is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Big Congrats to you !!! Fab page. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous page..love the pops of yellow!...and a BIG CONGRATS on the cover..so well deserved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. a congrats again that's truly awesome!! And an amazing LO for the magazine and for the sketch blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on this achievement Georgia. I love the page you made. Agree that it's so nice to see something other than C&S making the cover once in a while. Feels pretty encouraging actually :-).Toot toot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the cover, Georgia. That's a fantastic achiement!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your layout is FAN TAB U LAS... Miss G! Love the water color background!!!
    and a ToooT ToooooooooooT!! CONGRATS on the front cover.. You look GOOD as a Cover girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful layout! Love the stamping! Congrats cover publication!!!

    ReplyDelete