Friday 5 September 2014

My Art Journal


Morning my crafty lovelies.

Today I thought I would share a 'just because' page in my art journal. I do do a lot of art journaling but rarely share. For me, it is not only a great way to experiment with techniques and get messy but a great way to express thoughts, feelings, beliefs, values and passions.

This is a Finnabair journal produced by Prima. I love that it has thick kraft pages as well as white and it holds up really well to mediums.



To create my background I primed with gesso, then added a little texture paste and then went to town with various mists and inks. Love the coffee and teal combo.


I have used various paper scraps to create a collage background, added some stamping and more mists, then a few Prima embellishments to finish.

Thanks for stopping in


10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both these pages Georgia! This is exactly what I had in mind when I began art jounaling but in trying to learn HOW to art journal, it took a different path but now seeing your pages.......well, I'll keep trying!
    Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous.. I love those colors together, your back grounds are always amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out amazing! Your background work looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! the colors, the structure, the composition, it all fits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, the colours do look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow......Your Art Journal is amazing!!! Love the colour mix......and the pic....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just pinned sweet girl. FABULOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colour combination , beautiful pages
    Mary

    ReplyDelete